Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Clause in a license header

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Clause in a license header
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 21:59:32 GMT

    I've found this clause at the end of a license header:
    [...]
    It is part of this submission:
    https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?13049

    Is there any problem on approving it?

Hi Joan.  It's ok.  It's like the original libgcc/libstdc++ exception,
and just allows people to use the code without being bound by the GPL,
I.e., non-copyleft.  Since we don't insist on copyleft for savannah
(e.g., "public domain" is ok), it's not a problem.

(The meaningless three-character project identifier starting with "g"
seems pretty unfortunate to me, but such is life, I guess.)

karl