[Savannah-hackers-public] Disk space on internal

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Disk space on internal
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2015 20:45:24 -0600

Savannah Hackers,

I noticed today that internal was almost out of disk space.

http://mgt.savannah.gnu.org/munin/savannah.gnu.org/internal.savannah.gnu.org/df-year.png

I see that space had been steadily increasing off the end of the
collected data and then it took a big jump in May.  It since seems to
have leveled off again.

It is being consumed by having 75 local daily backup copies of the
database.  All of which are also on system backup making this
officially redundant.  Although a few copies are useful.  I tend to
keep a week's worth on my systems.  I have reduced this to 45 days in
order to free up space.

The savane database is the one that has been growing.  The database
itself is only at 614M however.  It is hard to think of that as in any
way excessive.  Seems okay.  It was the multiply-by-75 which was
causing the trouble.

Bob