[Savannah-hackers-public] Incorrect mailing list URL for Gnu-User-Groups

From: Assaf Gordon
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2016 02:38:26 -0400

Hello Bob and all,

Regarding this ticket:
  https://savannah.gnu.org/support/?109012
Where a GUG (Gnu-User-Group) project sees incorrect URL for their mailing lists:
(i.e. using "mail.nongnu.org" instead of "lists.nongnu.org").

TL;DR;
This was an issue for all 15 GUG projects (just never reported?).
Updating the 'group_type' table in the mySQL database solved it.

Details:

1. All projects are listed in the 'group' table:

    mysql> select group_id,unix_group_name from groups where unix_group_name =
'blug';

    mysql> select group_list_id,group_id,list_name,is_public from
mail_group_list where group_id = 11556 ;
    +---------------+----------+-------------------+-----------+
    | group_list_id | group_id | list_name         | is_public |
    +---------------+----------+-------------------+-----------+
    |          3326 |    11556 | blug-discussion   |         1 |
    |          3327 |    11556 | blug-announcement |         1 |
    +---------------+----------+-------------------+-----------+
    2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

But this table contains only the list names, not the full URL.

3. The PHP front-end code generates the full URL based on the project/group's
type.
(type 1=gnu, 2=nongnu, 4=gug, 6=translation).

The call is made here:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/administration/savane.git/tree/frontend/php/mail/index.php#n133

Which ends-up here:
frontend/php/include/Group.class
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/administration/savane.git/tree/frontend/php/include/Group.class#n172

and reads information (per group type) from the 'group_type' table.

4. 'group_type' table had this:

    mysql> select type_id,name, url_mailing_list_listinfo,
url_mailing_list_archives,url_mailing_list_admin from group_type ;

    |       4 | GUG                                |
http://mail.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/%LIST  |
http://mail.nongnu.org/archive/html/%LIST/  |
http://mail.nongnu.org/mailman/admin/%LIST  |
    |       6 | www.gnu.org translation teams      |
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/%LIST/    |
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/admin/%LIST    |

    5 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Which pointed to the wrong server ('mail.nongnu.org') for project type 4=GUG
(also for type 3, but none complained yet).

5. I modified the table directly using:

    update group_type set