Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Email on fencepost hosed?

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Email on fencepost hosed?
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 15:43:31 -0600

Hello Eli,

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> Sorry for writing here, but I'm not sure my email to any addressee
> @gnu.org will reach destination, so...
>
> It looks like email delivery on fencepost is not working for the last
> several hours.  My inbox is empty (which is unreasonable, since I see
> traffic on mailing lists to which I'm subscribed, like
> address@hidden),

I just sent a test to myself on fencepost and it is working fine for
me.  And also a test from fencepost to my normal account.  I don't see
any problems.

> and SMTP connections to fencepost are refused.

That is normal.  Mail for @gnu.org addresses are received by eggs.

  host -t mx gnu.org
    gnu.org mail is handled by 10 eggs.gnu.org.

After eggs receives it the message is relayed on internally.

> Could someone please look into this, or at least update
> https://pumprock.net/fsfstatus with information about what's going on?

None of us here have anything to do with admining fencepost, lists, or
the pumprock fsfstatus page.  That is only the FSF admins.  And of
course the way to reach them is with a mail to address@hidden  They
keep a tight lock on access to all of those things.  So even if things
were really messed up and broken all we could do is comiserate with
each other about it.

Bob