Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] temporary non fast forward git push needed

From: Leah Rowe
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] temporary non fast forward git push needed
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 23:06:08 +0100

Hi Bob,

On 12/09/16 22:28, Bob Proulx wrote:
> Hi Leah,
>
> Leah Rowe wrote:
>> The current patch on libreboot.git in savannah for GNU Libreboot needs
>> reverting, I need you to temporarily enable non-fast-forward pushing so
>> I can remove it from the master repo.
>>
>> I refer to
>> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/libreboot.git/commit/?id=8e4ab0f442dbf53ee8a6faee556a781da0c912af
>>
>> Can you do this for me?
>
> First let me say that normally we don't like to remove things from
> repositories.  But that is a very fresh comit and looks like a simple
> mistake.  Being fresh does help.  Therefore I rolled that commit back
> one.  The head is now before it.  You can push a new commit onto it.
> Or do nothing.  Whatever you wish.
>
> Is that good enough?  Please let us know.
>
> Bob

Thanks.

Yes, normally I'd just revert but that's a big-ass uncompressed pic I
pushed.

--
Leah Rowe

Libreboot developer

Use free software. Free as in freedom.
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html

Use a free operating system, GNU/Linux.
https://www.gnu.org/

Use a free BIOS.
https://libreboot.org/

Support freedom. Join the Free Software Foundation.
https://fsf.org/

Minifree Ltd, trading as Ministry of Freedom | Registered in England,
No. 9361826 | VAT No. GB202190462
Registered Office: 19 Hilton Road, Canvey Island, Essex SS8 9QA, UK |
Web: http://minifree.org/