[Savannah-hackers-public] Max connections hit on database

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Max connections hit on database
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2016 14:48:54 -0700

This is just one of those FYI communications...

For the last three weeks the number of database threads handling
connections has hovered around 50.  Things have been fast and solidly
good.  Yesterday we started to see some spikes which hit the process
limits of 150 for a couple of hours.  I saw many cron scripts fail and
I am sure there were externally visible failures too.  I am looking
into it.  By brute force I can tune up the max connections larger but
the problem didn't look like normal activity to me.

Bob