Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Trapped signals in cron and login environm

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Trapped signals in cron and login environment
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2017 18:23:32 -0600

Bob Proulx wrote:
> As suspected SIGPIPE is being ignored for cronjobs.  That's bad.

I have been slowly working tracing down this problem.  I found an
interesting update tidbit about it.  This problem only exists on vcs0
and download0.  Those are the most recent VMs received from Ruben.
But frontend0, internal0, and mgt0 are okay and do not trap SIGPIPE.
The other VMs were received from Lisa earlier.

This means there is almost certainly some type of customization that
exists on the vcs0 and download0 systems that is ignoring sigpipe
inappropriately.  But it probably isn't a Trisquel problem since the
frontend0, internal0, and mgt0 systems don't.

I will bet that if I could scan across the entire set of FSF systems
that I would find a range of systems that are all the same with
regards to this problem.

Bob