[Savannah-hackers-public] Savane i18n (step 2)

From: Ineiev
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Savane i18n (step 2)
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 03:03:19 -0400

Hello,

Savane has been registered on the TranslationProject; now missing
parts of its user interface should be made localizable.

I'd like to start with what currently is maintained
as 'administration' 'web pages'. in theory, people can add
localized versions of those files right to that CVS repository,
but that doesn't integrate with the TP and offers no automatic means
to track the changes in the original files, so in practice only
some French translations have ever been added.

I suggest maintaining those files in Savane Git repository
(under frontend/site-specific/); they would be linked
as 'php' subdirectories to current working copy of
'administration' 'web pages', and Savane would check if a file
exists in php/ first, and fallback to the old path if it doesn't.

Then, in order to be localizable, files in frontend/site-specific/
would be converted to PHP and marked for i18n.

I attach a tentative patch against current HEAD for the reference.

Thank you!