Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] valid nowhere.net used as an invalid domai

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] valid nowhere.net used as an invalid domain
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2017 11:20:01 -0600

ozzloy wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> > While browsing through user.php I see that the email address
> > address@hidden is used as an invalid marker.  That is quite
> > bad because obviously nowhere.net is a valid domain name.  It is
> > currently owned by a domain squatter but has previously been in use.
> > This isn't causing us any current problems but obviously we shouldn't
> > be using valid domains as invalid markers.  Just noting it here by way
> > of communication.
>
> maybe use something like address@hidden

My goal was to keep the communication and education up that people
should not use valid domain names as sentinel markers.  It is somewhat
of a pet peeve of mine.  I see it done a lot.  And eventually it
always causes problems.

In this case I would be inclined to use the .invalid domain.

  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.invalid

Bob