Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] New VMs delivered

From: Assaf Gordon
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] New VMs delivered
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 21:33:33 -0600

Hello Bob,

On 2017-09-28 04:26 PM, Bob Proulx wrote:
> Ruben has finished setting up the new hardware for the latest hosting
> server.  And with that he has delivered two new VMs for us!  Yay!
> Thanks Ruben!

Exciting news!

> Assaf, The one you will be interested in is now called
> 'frontend-dev'.  It is the same Trisquel OS version as frontend0.  And
> it also is a minimal system at the moment and needs everything.

If that's OK,
I plan to set it up as both the frontend (ie. nginx+php+savane+mysql)
and as read-only vcs0 (i.e. libnss/mysql + nfs readonly mounting to the
real repositories, but with limited ssh access).

This will enable us to experiment on all fronts without risking anything
on the production machines.

I hope to get to it this weekend.

-assaf