Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Redirect gnutelephony.org

From: Thérèse Godefroy
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Redirect gnutelephony.org
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2018 11:27:58 +0100

Hello Bob,

It seems that this project fell through the cracks.  ;)

Le 07/02/2018 19:18, Bob Proulx a écrit :
>>> Perhaps we should put in a redirect in that case so that if someone
>>> arrives at Savannah by an unexpected and undesired name that they get
>>> redirected to the main domain.
>
> I have done this.

Thanks!

[...]
> I have no idea how localization is done.  That is done with a cookie?
> I immediately have twenty questions but will hold them off for now.
> Someone else was asking about localization and I had no idea how it
> worked.

It uses Apache MultiViews + plenty of rewrite rules + "Set language" at
the top of the page to choose a different language for the session. For
instance your browser's preferred language is French, but you want to
read the English pages because the French translations are lousy (this
never happens in real life, of course :)). Ineiev could explain how it
works. I can't.
[...]

>>> I think you mean this address:
>>>
>>>   https://www.gnu.org/software/gnucomm/

Yes, of course. You can also use
https://www.gnu.org/software/gnucomm/gnucomm.html

[...]
>> See the whole story below.
>
> I want to send out notice of the above and not hold it while I read
> and understand the rest of what you have written.  So I will send this
> now and then queue up the below for further reading a little later in
> the day when I have time.  At the moment other urgencies are dragging
> my attention away.

Thanks in advance for setting up this redirection (or rewrite rule).

Best regards,
Thérèse