[Savannah-hackers-public] gnu-mirmon.pl errors

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] gnu-mirmon.pl errors
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 23:08:38 -0600

Savannah Hackers, especially Assaf and Karl, the most recent mirmon hackers,

Just recently the gnu-mirmon.pl has started to produce these errors:

  /root/bin/gnu-mirmon.pl --http-only /usr/local/share/GeoIP/gnu-mirror-list.txt

  no country code for Republic of Moldova (from line: Republic of Moldova -
https://mirrors.mivocloud.com/gnu/, http://mirrors.mivocloud.com/gnu/,
rsync://mirrors.mivocloud.com/gnu/) at /root/bin/gnu-mirmon.pl line 82.

And:

  /root/bin/gnu-mirmon.pl --all /usr/local/share/GeoIP/allgnu-mirror-list.txt

  no country code for Republic of Moldova (from line: Republic of Moldova -
https://mirrors.mivocloud.com/gnu/, http://mirrors.mivocloud.com/gnu/,
rsync://mirrors.mivocloud.com/gnu/) at /root/bin/gnu-mirmon.pl line 82.

The problem is exactly as reported.

  https  https://mirrors.mivocloud.com/gnu/
  http  http://mirrors.mivocloud.com/gnu/
  rsync  rsync://mirrors.mivocloud.com/gnu/

No "md" in field position 2.  I added it to the files to silence the
error.  But what produces that file?

I looked through:

  http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/Mirroring/

I am completely unfamiliar with this service.  I browsed the perl
script briefly but not knowing anything about this process the
reasoning did not jump out at me.

What produces these files?  How did the "md" get dropped?

  /usr/local/share/GeoIP/allgnu-mirror-list.txt
  /usr/local/share/GeoIP/gnu-mirror-list.txt

Thanks,
Bob