[Savannah-hackers-public] Fwd: Replacing master branch for Texinfo git r

From: Gavin Smith
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Fwd: Replacing master branch for Texinfo git repository
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 20:28:08 +0000

I was advised to make the request in the message below on this list.

Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 17:22:40 +0000
From: Gavin Smith <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden

Texinfo is moving to git for its version control and I have pushed a
conversion of its old SVN repository to Savannah.  The main branch there
is called "trunk".  This should be changed to be called "master", as that
is the standard name for git.  There is already a branch called master
but this is 10 years out of date, and was produced from an earlier
conversion from CVS.  I have tried to move the label of the "master"
branch to the "trunk" branch, but this is not possible - "non-fast forward
commits" are not allowed.  Is it possible for an administrator to enable
this? There is not really any point that I can see in keeping the
cvs2git conversion there.