Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Git not responsing?

From: Amin Bandali
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Git not responsing?
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2021 13:24:40 -0500

Hi Luis, Eli,

Luis Falcon writes:

> Hi, Eli
> On Sat, 16 Jan 2021 19:10:20 +0200
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
>
>> Is something wrong with Savannah's Git server?  "git pull" hangs
>> indefinitely (tested both on my home machine and on fencepost).
>>
>> Help? please?
>>

> Same here. Mercurial server at Savannah seems to be down.
>
> Best
> Luis

Indeed, the Savannah vcs0 server (serving both git and hg) was
unresponsive earlier today, and we could not ssh into it either.
With help from the FSF sysadmins, we rebooted the server and things seem
to be looking good again.  We don't yet know about the root cause of the
issue, other than there being segfaults around libc in the system log.
We'll keep looking, but in the mean time, both git and mercurial access
should be back in working order. :-)

Sorry for the inconvenience.