Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Anyone have any news on Savannah?

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Anyone have any news on Savannah?
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2022 22:06:41 -0600

Hi Paul,

Paul Smith wrote:
> I haven't been able to reach the Savannah website for most of the day.
> Things like the Git service are available but the website is not.

Thanks for the report.  It appears that some agent was pounding on the
web site.  There were max processes of apache2 web server running and
nothing making progress.  I killed all and restarted the web server
and things seem to be functional now.

It looks like the fail2ban dynamic rules were not transferred over to
the new system.  We have some custom rules there that help block
abusive agents.  I'll get those set up on the system.

Bob