[Savannah-hackers] Re: autoconf archive

From: Peter Simons
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: autoconf archive
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 12:10:27 +0100

Loic Dachary writes:

 > The project is in.

Great, thank you very much!

I have checked the documentation about CVS-usage on the pages and
while I can access CVS on subversions.gnu.org, I cannot "import" my
CVS tree in a way that won't lose the version information of the past.
(Someone correct me if I am wrong.) CVS' import feature won't do that.
Hence, I will send you a current snapshot of my CVS tree in separate
mail so that you can import it manually.

 > Could you, please, tell me if the license was officially approved
 > by the FSF ?

I don't have an "official" approval for using that license for the
autoconf archive, no. Since the macro archive is part of the autoconf
project, though, and since it is consequently using the same license
as autoconf itself, I thought that approving it separately wouldn't be
necessary. In case it is, please give me a hint where to point to to
get that done; I'll take care of getting an official approval then.

        -peter