Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: [Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>] Re: G

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: [Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>] Re: GNU TeXmacs
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 23:51:02 +0200 (MET DST)

Chris,

> Please accept my apologies for creating your account with username
> joris instead of the requested vdhoeven.

That is no problem, I just did not know it...

> I've changed your username to vdhoeven on fencepost and gnudist.
>
> I'm wondering if you'll be accessing the GNU machines via kerberos, ssh.
> If you won't be using kerberos ever, I'll need to clean something up.
> Let me know about that.

I would prefer to use ssh or lsh.
If that is possible by now on your servers, then I will not need kerberos.
On the other hand, I still do not have *any* working password.

> In the meantime, what is the status of your account on savannah?

The automatic creation of a user account does not seem to always work yet.
Another problem is that it is hard to connect to savannah from my home.
For instance:

address@hidden vdhoeven]$ lynx http://savannah.gnu.org

Looking up savannah.gnu.org.
Making HTTP connection to savannah.gnu.org.
Alert!: Unable to connect to remote host.

Netscape succeeds in displaying the first page,
but refuses the link "New User via SSL".

-Joris-