[Savannah-hackers] SSH keys and Savannah

From: Mark H. Weaver
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] SSH keys and Savannah
Date: 11 Apr 2001 14:58:23 -0400

We've recently begun using Savannah to make account creation easier.
When someone asks for a GNU account, we ask them to first register on
Savannah, and then we copy their SSH keys from subversions to other
machines.

However, this idea sometimes runs into a snag.  If the savannah user
is not yet a developer for any projects, it is unclear how to extract
their SSH keys.

Is there an easy way to extract their SSH keys even when they don't
yet have a Unix account on subversions?  This should be doable by our
address@hidden volunteers, even if they don't have root access to
subversions.

     Thanks!
        Mark