[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of free software busines

From: patrick . hutton
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of free software business case
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 17:37:58 +0000

If it already is an official GNU package, it will be approved shortly.
Otherwise it must be discussed on address@hidden for approval.

patrick <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: fdl
Other License:
Package: free software business case
Unix name: fsbc

I have decided that a document explaining the business case for Free Software
is needed with
particular emphesis on The GNU GPL.  I have already started it and copyrighted
it.  It is released under the terms of the GNU FDL.  I want it to be a open
project free to sensible contributions from all people.  The outline at present
is; Introduction, The importance of business ethics, The History of Free
Software, The Case Against Free Software, The Case for Free Software, Open or
Free does it matter? Licenses and their implications, Random Thoughts, GNU FDL.

The first step in this project`s developement is to correctly plan the
structure before moving into the text itself.  This will give the project a
Debian like modularity to it.

Loic Dachary (address@hidden and address@hidden or address@hidden) has been
recomending I do this he will be able to vouch for my intentions.

I am doing this because I want to make a contribution to a movement that has
helped me and because I think it is the right thing to do.