[Savannah-hackers] Bug in sf_cvs account creation code?

From: loic
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Bug in sf_cvs account creation code?
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 00:44:02 +0200

Mark H. Weaver writes:
 > Something very strange is going on.  njonkers recently created an
 > account on savannah.  Although there is no corresponding line in
 > /etc/passwd, there is a directory /home/njonkers on subversions which
 > is owned by ra3vat.
 >
 > Any idea what went wrong here?

        This is normal. When a user is deleted (because not part of
any project on Savannah) the home directory is not removed (security,
just in case something went wrong and we want to restore the user).
Then if a user is created immediately afterwards, it takes the same
id and the former directory is owned by the latest user. Although that
may be a security risk, it is harmless in practice since people do not
have shell access.

        Does this make sense ?