[Savannah-hackers] Re: commit_notify

From: loic
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: commit_notify
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 10:01:01 +0200

 > Oh! There's a "savannah" missing; it should be:
 > http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/savannah/savannah/ChangeLog.diff...
 >
 > Since the CVS root for savannah is /cvsroot/savannah, the file name
 > passed by the server was savannah/ChangeLog; but I configured
 > viewcvs with the root for the sources repository in /cvsroot, and
 > it misses the other part. I'll modify log_accum to append the name
 > of the project after /cvsroot, when dealing with the sources
 > repository.

        I feel bad, that's obviously the most complex part of it and
I think I did not specify this to you. Very sorry. Each project with
a source repository has its own CVSROOT in /cvsroot/project. The
/cvsroot is also a CVSROOT but is only used for anonymous access.
If you look in /etc/xinetd.conf you'll see that the cvs pserver is called
with a huge amount of cvsroot to solve this problem.
        I guess viewcvs must be patched to allow that kind of setup in
a way that is not as cumbersome.

        Cheers,