Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: gnuorg summary

From: Bradley M. Kuhn
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: gnuorg summary
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 17:41:50 -0400

[I'd like to get this discussion moving again.]

Hugo Gayosso <address@hidden> wrote:

> You missed my proposal:
>
>   Do the re-organizing "on-the-go":
>
>     Create one generic module, then create directory by directory and
>     add them to CVS one by one as we go in the re-organization.

> Example:
>
>   Create the module: `gnuorg' (or whatever name)
>   Create the directory `gvc'
>   Add the file "volunteers" to this directory and to CVS.
>   Add other volunteers-related files to this directory and to CVS.
>   Choose another directory and repeat.

We could perhaps do it that way.  I am, at this point, happy with any
procedure that gets things moving again.

I think your procedure might be easy in some cases but hard in others.
So, I think it might be better to just put /gd/gnuorg under CVS as is, and
reorg after it's in.

A message will also need to go to address@hidden and other such
wide-band places a week or so before the import happens.