Re: [Savannah-hackers] address@hidden: viewcvs problems]

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] address@hidden: viewcvs problems]
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 18:00:34 +0100

On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 04:59:23PM +0200, address@hidden wrote:

> News on the front of 'permission denied' handling by viewcvs ?

I wrote to viewcvs' author, Greg Stein, telling him about the problem and
he answered on April 9th:

"I'm trying to get a milestone of the Subversion project completed. That
 should be within the next week. After that, I want to product a new release
 of ViewCVS (that would be 0.7). I can have both of these issues fixed in
 that release."

The two issues in cause are the 'permission denied' issue, and the program
failure when it finds broken symbolic links. He was aware of the second
problem but not of the first one.

Since I've just checked viewcvs' page and release 0.7 has not come out yet, I
will try to fix it myself with some method I've just thought of: using
python's "try:" and "except:" commands in the subroutine that reads the file
entries in a directory; non-readable directories and non-existent symbolic
links would be ignored.

Jaime