[Savannah-hackers] Releases from savannah to gnuftp?

From: Bradley M. Kuhn
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Releases from savannah to gnuftp?
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 14:40:09 -0400

We are updating our documentation that instructs GNU maintainers how to do
releases at GNU.

We want to include both methods: instructions for users of savannah and
instructions for those who don't use savannah.

Typically, for non-savannah users, we either:

  (a) give them an account on gnuftp, and the update then files themselves.

  (b) have them send a URL or attachment to <address@hidden>, and
      then put the file on gnuftp on their behalf.

I am wondering now if there is a way that savannah can automatically "make
a release".  And, if so, how does that work?

If savannah has such a feature, would it be possible for a message to go
to <address@hidden> to notify us of that release, so we can copy it to
gnuftp?

(That would be a minimum.  It would be nice if we had easy features to
  have the upload happen automatically by clicking an "Approve" button
  somewhere, but that sort of feature is not urgent. )