[Savannah-hackers] status of the Global NAPS migration

From: Joel N. Weber II
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] status of the Global NAPS migration
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 22:01:46 -0400

We (myself, loic, and mhw) took the ethernet switch, the UPS,
new-subversions, and service-entrance over to Global NAPS.

service-entrance appears to have a problem with a questionable hard
disk, which I am going to investigate a bit later tonight.  The rest
of the hardware is all sitting at Global NAPS.

Tomarrow I'm planning to see if I can get some more serial cards, and
hopefully I will take a fixed service-entrance over to Global NAPS,
with enough serial ports that we can actually connect it to the
console port of the ethernet switch and to the UPS as well as to
subversions.  (This may also mean that we'll have enough serial ports
on service-entrance that if, say, another machine were to go there to
be ftp.gnu.org, we would be able to add that machine without mangling
service-entrace.)  If that all works out, loic can take over from
there.

(It looks like I'm also going to visit UPS to collect some sound cards
and other random crap for myself on the way there; it's unlikely that
I'll have service-entrance on the network at global naps until late
afternoon.)