[Savannah-hackers] changes on subversions

From: Joel N. Weber II
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] changes on subversions
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2001 21:24:44 -0400

1) The named.conf on subversions was listing ns1.gnu.org, and
natural-stupidity.gratuitous.org.  natural-stupidity.gratuitous.org is
usually connected to the internet via 56k ISDN, so it doesn't seem to
me to be that great a choice of nameserver.  I've changed that to
instead list nic.cent.net.  I also removed varesearch.com from the
search path.

2) subversions was running named listening on all its ports.  This is
almost certainly a bad idea, since every now and then people discover
security bugs in named, and we don't want to be running services on
machines where we don't actually intend to be running them.  So I've
done apt-get remove bind.

3) exim was listening for smtp connections.  We don't want that, so I
restarted it without the -bd flag, and edited /etc/init.d/exim to not
include the -bd flag.