Re: [Savannah-hackers] A new developer for Savannah

From: Miguel Goncalves
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] A new developer for Savannah
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 12:41:27 +0100 (WEST)

Hi Guillaume!

I talked to Jaime (villate) and he thought I could help
Savannah by doing task 197 (it's adding support for non-mailman
lists to a project's page).

What is your plan to do this?

I thought about it and I came to this solution: a new table
could be added to the database with the following fields:

- address of the list (e.g. address@hidden),
- description of the list,
- URL for list archives and
- URL for list information.

IMHO, a new table for external mailing lists is a better
approach to the problem than modifying the existent table
as that might lead to problems with other pages using the
table.

Best regards,
Miguel