[Savannah-hackers] Re: Weekend administration summary

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Weekend administration summary
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 22:15:12 +0200

Jaime E . Villate writes:
 > Hi Loic,
 > welcome back. I've given you back the role of project approver. If you ever
 > need me to take over again, please let me know. Three projects were approved
 > over the weekend: fan, which I accepted as a non-gnu project and sent the
 > request to be accepted by gnueval, debian-sf (the package sourceforge which
 > has already been packaged in Debian), which did not ask to become part of
 > GNU, and a project that devnull submitted and approved himself: emp-power

        Thanks very much for taking the role. I know it's hard for you to
do it during the week-ends :-)

 > I'm a bit more familiar with the process right now, but I'm still
 > not sure what to do with projects based on php4; do we approve them
 > and suggest to the author that he switches to php3? there is a
 > fourth package that was submitted on the weekend (shoutstats),
 > which is based on php4; I left it on hold to let you decide what to
 > do with it.

        I suggested using php3 too. But as long as the license of the
software is Free Software and is not incompatible with the GPL, I don't
see a reason to refuse it. In the case of shoutstats I'm embarassed because
it's 100% dependent on a purely non free software (shoutcast).

        Cheers,