[Savannah-hackers] Changing gnuscripts/sf_aliases

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Changing gnuscripts/sf_aliases
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 12:54:42 +0100

Hi.
It seems to me that the script gnuscripts/sf_aliases was written by Loic just
as an attempt to fix the problems we had with Savannah user's mail not being
delivered.

What the scripts does is to get a list of Savannah users and e-mail addresses
and paste it into /etc/aliases. This did not solve the problem, because
/etc/aliases is used by exim to decided where to deliver incoming mail, but
not to identify the sender of outgoing messages. The problem has now been
solved by using an exim directive which tells it to use the addresses in
/etc/email-addresses, instead of address@hidden, in the sender's field of
outgoing mail.

I will proceed to modify gnuscripts/sf_aliases making it write the Savannah
users e-mail addresses in /etc/email-addresses instead of /etc/aliases.
If any of you think we should keep the addresses in /etc/aliases, please let
me know it soon.

Greetings,
Jaime