Re: [Savannah-hackers] out of disk space on gnudist

From: Alessandro Rubini
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] out of disk space on gnudist
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 09:09:11 +0200

Hi all.

> gnudist's disk is full.
>
> $ df -h
> Filesystem            Size  Used  Avail  Capacity Mounted on
> /dev/sda2             8.1G  7.9G      0    100%   /

I know this is *really* naive, and probably you already considered
that, but what about changing the amount of reserved space?

        tune2fs -m 2 /dev/sda2

would give some non-negligible amount of space more. I know
this is not a solution for the long term, but it helps not wasting
too much of a disk's real estate.

Again, forgive my intrusion, I just feel the 5% chance that you
didn't consider this workaround.

As for the long time, I have a script that sends me email when I'm
under some threshold, and it always complains about my Debian mirror.
I won't contribute it because it's very ugly, as it was written by
someone not very good in scripts.

/alessandro