[Savannah-hackers] Re: savannah.gnu.org: submission of PLUTO Padova

From: Andrea Brugiolo
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: savannah.gnu.org: submission of PLUTO Padova
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 17:17:58 +0200

 Dear Hackers, now we have a GNU head in the foot bar at our site (in
 place of TUX) in order to disclose more clearly our choice towards
 Free Software and nothing else. Now I also try to rewrite the
 presentation you received for our project, so it will hopefully help
 you in taking a decision about admitting it or not.

 What I'm sure of is we want the same thing...!

        Thank you very much :)
        Andrea

 The new presentation:

 Andrea Brugiolo <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
 License: gpl
 Other License:
 Package: PLUTO Padova - FSUG Padova
 System name: pluto-pd
   [ I think this is necessary just because we may put on the project
   also sensible data, addresses or the like, or data not interesenting
   at all for people outside our group, which would make no sense
   including in a (software) package. For everything else, instead, we
   would use GPL, of course (if we ever write something valuable
   downloading!) Is this good?]

 We would like to set up this project in order to manage the many
 tasks we are starting or maintaining at our FSUG, the "PLUTO
 Padova - FSUG Padova", an Italian Free Software Users Group
 made up of people fond of Free Software, as it is defined in
 These tasks go from simply maintaining the web pages in cooperation to
 organizing the PLUTO Meeting (when we host in Padova the annual
 edition), to writing software, hopefully! to sharing information about
 the state of the LAN we are building at the Ex Macello (we are not yet
 connected to the Wide net here), and the like, and, in short, for managing
 all what we can by means of the 'project tasks', which seem to be
 quite effective tools for it.
 Our pages at present are hosted at the DEI, you can see them at
 http://www.dei.unipd.it/info/linux (but we do not have, so we need,
 a CVS repository to maintain them cooperatively).
 A translation of the web site into English is in our TODO list too.

 (This was the old presentation automatically re-submitted to me and to you):

--

  Andrea Brugiolo                                        address@hidden
  Fight software patents      http://petition.eurolinux.org