Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: How to use CVS? Where to exercise?

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: How to use CVS? Where to exercise?
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 23:03:53 +0200

Luis Miguel Arteaga Mejia writes:
 >      Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim wrote:
 >
 >      > Oh, I am currently running a gnu mirror there.
 >      > What do you think: should I have two almost identical
 >      > sets in my mirror; or can I use the CVS set for
 >      > the mirror too?
 >
 > I believe there is no problem at all. You may set DocumentRoot of
 > your web server configuration to point to the directory you checkout
 > the cvs. But I am not sure, I am cc: savannah-hackers, the people who
 > may have an answer on this issue.

        That's fairly more complicated than that. You want to keep
the mirror the traditional way, not with CVS. In order to run a CVS
based mirror you'll also have to run scripts that generate pages from
sources in CVS. The result of the scripts is not pushed back in CVS.
You can check this in gnudist:/home/www/bin/nightly to get an idea.

        Take care,