Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: mailings list for non GNU projects

From: Joel N. Weber II
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: mailings list for non GNU projects
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 11:53:23 -0400

   Dans un message du 29 jun à 11:43, Joel N. Weber II écrivait :
   > Hmm.  It would be better if that could be stored on the mail disk
   > rather than /home/fsf; among other things, I generally take great
   > pains to make sure that the mail disk doesn't fill up and contains
   > only mail, whereas when /home/fsf fills up, I expect to send mail
   > asking people to clean up rather than preemptively installing tons of
   > disk space.

   I can try to move this to /com/mailer/freeesoftware. Would it be ok ?

Yes, that should be fine.

   I am just astonished, because I've posted to system-hackers explaining
   my plan one month ago and nobody told me this.

Sorry about that; I probably missed that detail amongst all the other
chaos that's happening, and apparently nobody else is really aware of
that, or something.  (Although if sysadmin.texi doesn't say anything
along these lines, I'm very surprised.)

Certainly, I thought that the top of /com/mailer/aliases mentions
something along those lines, although it doesn't mention the current
set of reasons for prefering the arrangement that we have.