[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Distributed photos st

From: villoun1
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Distributed photos storage
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 14:38:51 -0400

Villou <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: Distributed photos storage
System name: netboom

The idea of the project is to have a distributed storage of photos on the net
orchestrated by a top dynamic server.

When a user logs into our site some servlet generate a dynamic HTML page  with
links to the photos stored on the static websites.
For the dynamic server to know which photos to adress to the user,we have two
XML files, one (users.xml) storing the users authentification and rights on the
different directories of photos, and a an other (tree.xml) mapping the
structure of the distributed storage servers.
The users.xml can be administrated by two GUI (Swing and web page), and the
tree.xml is generated by a agent retrieving the content of the storage server
through FTP.
We aim at setting it up on the mycgiserver site