Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of The Jtrix Project

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of The Jtrix Project]
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 11:38:18 +0100

Martin A. Brooks writes:

 > I'm always happy to contribute time to projects that I get some benefit back
 > from.  If you can define a role that would take up perhaps 2-4 hours per
 > week in total, I'd give it serious consideration.

        Since you're a native english speaker, you could provide
documentation.  That very well fits into a schedule of 2-4 hours a
week in average. The documentation section (http://savannah.gnu.org/docs/)
is mostly empty at present.

        You could write documentation from scratch or copy/paste GNU
GPL or GNU FDL documentation from somewhere else. Unfortunately the
copyright status of the SourceForge documentation
(http://sourceforge.net/docman/?group_id=1) is undefined and copying
from it is hasardous, legally speaking.

        [When browsing the SourceForge documentation I found
http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=794&group_id=1
which I wrote almost two years ago and is now completly obsolete. An
additional proof that SourceForge was wrong quicking the contributors

        The focus of the user documentation is to provide HOWTO style
help for the most common Savannah usage. Something we can refer to
when people ask FAQ to the list
http://mail.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/savannah-hackers. It needs to be
simple, quick to read, easy to use.

        Do you feel like doing this ?