Re: [Savannah-hackers] Items of interest for Emacs users

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Items of interest for Emacs users
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 10:59:24 +0000

On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 10:59:43AM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> What is the recommended place on Savannah to put announcements and
> pointers to items that are of interest to Emacs users?  Let's say I
> want to advertize a site outside www.gnu.org which holds lots of
> useful information about Emacs usage--where would I put that on
> Savannah?  Is the News page of the Emacs project the appropriate
> place?

It could be, if the Emacs users visit the Emacs page in Savannnah often. You
may also place a pointer to that news page in the web home-page for Emacs, to
make sure more users read it. You could also build your own news system
somewhere in /webcvs/software/emacs.

You might also decide to keep that news page only for announcements related to
Emacs development, if the developers use the Savannah web interface
regularly; if that is not the case, then you'd be better off creating an
announcement mailing list.

You will have to be the judge of what's better for the Emacs project, based on
your experience with developers and users.

Cheers,
Jaime