[Savannah-hackers] RE: SGL's submission

From: Hendrik Visage
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] RE: SGL's submission
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 10:29:39 +0200

Hi there,

 I'd like you to reconsider the refusal.

Reasons:
  SGL at this stage doesn't contain more than 1MB of data. The actual
.iso etc. is not what we want on there, but rather the grimoire & the
sorcery (ie. the RPM equivalent package management) to be able to give
more people access to a CVS storage place for the scripts etc.

 The creation of .iso and binaries, would be the sole responsibility of
the distribution managers, which we aren't expecting you at all to store
those stuff on you servers.

You see, SGL is but the package manager (Read RPM equivalent) that
only works with BASH scripts that download the source to be installed.
These source packages we are NOT going to put on youre site, but rather
let the installer/sysadmin download it himself if he wants it to be installed./

Please reconsider this, as this would make great contribution to this system's
future and growth, that is not going to take the same amount of resources that
some of the software already on your site consumes. Example BASH's 1.5MB .tgz
compared to SGL's 180KB + some support scripts totalling less than 200KB
bz2 compressed.

Again I plea for a reconsideration, rather than a complete blank based on
distribution.

Thanx for the time and reconsideration
--
Hendrik Visage