Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Bungled Backup Pr

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Bungled Backup Project
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 18:50:14 +0100

Bill White writes:
 > The current code is on SourceForge in the CVS repository.
 > There is no place where the code is easily available except
 > for there.  Is that what you had in mind, or should I somehow
 > export it to a tar file, and export it as a release from
 > SourceForge.  I hadn't wanted to release anything until I
 > was satisfied that it would be useful.
 >
 > I suppose I could also resubmit this with the URL to the
 > overnight snapshot of the SourceForge code.

        That will do, yes.

 > Why do you need this?  I cannot make this part of the GNU project,
 > since I am employed.

        We always quickly browse the sources to for license application
issues. Some projects have no license information at all or
forgot to include them in some files. By pointing this to the authors
when it happens, it helps ensure their software is Free Software.

        Cheers,

75019    Paris         T: 33 1 42 45 09 16          address@hidden