[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Pattern Template Libr

From: blue_panther
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Pattern Template Library
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 09:58:25 -0500

Sreekant Sreedharan <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: lgpl
Other License:
Package: Pattern Template Library
System name: petal
This package wants to apply for inclusion in the GNU project

Purpose and Summary
-------------------
 The Pattern Template Library (PETAL) is a template library implementing common
design patterns. The library is based on the generic programming methodology
adopted by STL.

 The impetus to its design is a need to be able to standardize the
representation of patterns, and a desire to implement them quickly, with ease.
It helps the practitioner of object design analyze, express and most
importantly, grasp it better.  The simplicity of its implementation should
appeal to the novice, and encourage the person to use design patterns
effectively.

  I have been using it extensively in development, and find it as productive a
tool as STL itself. It is my intent to make it available to others, so people
can use it and improve it, and make available a common reference & source for
implementation common design patterns in C++.

Download earlier version
  A prior version of this library is available at
http://www.digitallattice.com/page9.html. I must apologise that this version
does not operate well on linux, primarily because of some idiosyncracies of SGI
STL and standard STL. This will be resolved in a few weeks, as I am testing on
different implementations.
 The URL is provided purely for reference.