[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of The New Scripting Lan

From: artem
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of The New Scripting Language
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 10:41:56 -0500

Artem V. Andreev <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: The New Scripting Language
System name: nsl

The project I am offering is called New Scripting Language (abb. NSL). Its
purpose is to provide a flexible multipurpose but light-weight scripting
language with special attention to processing multilingual texts. The key
feature of NSL is using finite-state automata which allow to describe easily
complex string transformations and recognition patterns. Unlike other scripting
languages, it operates not on plain text but on abstract streams with
HTML/XML-like structure which physical layout may be at all different (e.g.
TeX, RTF etc). It possess all the features a decent language should have:
procedures, control statements and even modules. The language is extensible, so
that a C functions may be attached to it (via shared libraries). It is not
object-oriented but OO may be easily modelled if necessary. It has inherent
capabilities for CGI programming.

Now the project is hosted on SourceForge (see http://nsl.sourceforge.net and
http://sourceforge.net/projects/nsl) but being there seems absolutely useless
to me since till now I got absolutely no feedback or any signs of interest at
all (though statistics show it is downloaded). Hope that GNU-based community
will be more interested.

Note: I have already tried to submit this project but Mr Guillaume Morin told
me to add copyright notices to sources, so sources under CVS tree now have it.