Re: [Savannah-hackers] diffmon

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] diffmon
Date: 27 Nov 2001 13:34:54 +0100

> Thank you.  So I guess we can use this method or perhaps the cvs watch
> method.  Which one do people think is best?

I'm not currently a maintainer for any packages, but personally, I
don't see any reason to send me diffs by mail, as I can get all the
diffs I desire via CVS.  So a simple 'cvs watch' notification that
"my file" has changed would be adequate.

However, I don't think you will be able to get cvs notifications
when files are added to the repository (but I guess that if someone
else adds a file to emacs for which I'm supposed to be maintainer,
I guess I should be informed directly).

But others may feel differently.

> One issue is that many of the Emacs Lisp package maintainers
> do not have Savannah accounts.  It would be highly desirable
> if we do not have to tell them "Please get a Savannah account
> if you want to be able to get change notices on your file."
> Which of the two methods work ok for this?

There are hooks in CVS like the 'commitinfo script' which
we might be able to customize to sending notifications
to external maintainers.