[Savannah-hackers] Re: [Savannah] druidaphplib want to be a GNU package

From: Free Software Foundation
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: [Savannah] druidaphplib want to be a GNU package
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 14:35:22 -0500

Ismael Canales <address@hidden> wrote:
> > One important issue to note is that we don't usually accept GNU software
> > that relies on PHP4.  Does your software work well with PHP3?

> I could port my code to php3, y used very few features of php4...  But
> I'm planning to add more international support. I need php4 for that.  I
> need GNU Locale, Recode and Gettext modules, but I could'n find it in
> php3.

I hope you will consider working to add these features to PHP3 instead of
simply moving to PHP4.  PHP4 has a GPL-incompatible license.  While it is
still Free Software, it makes it difficult for those who want to use the
GPL to integrate with it.

> I'd prefer not bind druidaPhpLib with the GNU proyect officially.

That's your choice; I encourage you to still host the project in the
non-GNU, "freesoftware.fsf.org" section of savannah.

savannah-hackers: could you move druidaphplib over to that section.

--
Bradley M. Kuhn, Vice President
Free Software Foundation     |  Phone: +1-617-542-5942