[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of DirectVNC

From: till
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of DirectVNC
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 17:07:36 -0500

Till Adam <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: DirectVNC
System name: directvnc

DirectVNC is a vnc client for the GNU/Linux framebuffer device. It implements
the rfb protocol as of version 3.3.3r2.

It uses the DirectFB library that provides a thin abstraction layer on top of
the linux framebuffer device. DFB uses hardware acceleration features of
supported cards. (www.directfb.org)

It currently exists under the name fbVNC and is hosted at sourceforge. See
fbvnc.sourceforge.net for details. No releases have been made yet, but we would
like to do a beta release rsn.

I\'d like to move away from sourceforge and change the name since there already
appears to be an application called fbvnc.