[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of InfraRed MultiConTrol

From: rms
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of InfraRed MultiConTrolLer
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 14:42:21 -0500

Rui Miguel Seabra <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: InfraRed MultiConTrolLer
System name: irmctl

My project is a daemon that listens on a serial device for codes.
Those codes usually come from infrared remote controllers.
Currently it only supports Evation\\\'s irman [ http://www.evation.com/irman ].

This daemon, after reading two configuration files (the second [ remote
controller ] is indexed by the first [irmctl.conf]) it waits for a code.
Depending on the configuration, it will launch a command, or execute a builtin
supported function.

This way, with a remote controller, I have a sort of shell with which I change
channels on xawtv, play the next song on xmms, suspend the computer, etc etc
etc...

It already exists and you can see it at Sourceforge. The files there do not
have the correct free software header on the .c and .h files, but I don\\\'t
have an account anymore (weird) so you can fetch it from
http://greymalkin.yi.org/fs/irmctl .
I am moving into Savannah due to VA\\\'s change of attitude.