Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Globulation 2

From: Guillaume Morin
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Globulation 2
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 15:08:45 +0100

Dans un message du 06 jan à  8:58, address@hidden écrivait :
> Stephane Magnenat <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: Globulation 2
> System name: glob2
> This package wants to apply for inclusion in the GNU project
>
> Globulation 2
>
> Globulation 2 is a 2D free software game that is real time (like
> starcraft) and strategic intensive (like civilisation).  The most
> approching game I can remember is The Settlers.  In Glob2 (it\'s short
> name) you decide which building to put where and then some creatures
> (named globules) go to harvest ressources and construct the buildings.
> Of course, thoses creatures must eat so they need a food building.
> This introduces a complexe system that is really fun to evolve. After
> some time you can build aggressive globules and try to attack the
> enemy.  Glob2 can be played alone vs an AI or up to 32 players through
> TCP/IP. A primitive but working meta server (like battle.net for
> starcraft) is working and running on a friend\'s server.  It uses SDL
> for graphical abstraction and an OpenGL version is planned (always 2D,
> but uses HW acceleration).
>
> It is actually not finished (the gfx, the gui and the gameplay need
> work) but it is already playable.  You can get a CVS snapshot at
> http://ysagoon.com/glob2 You also need to take the graphics tarball.
> After that go to the map editor and create a simple map. If you
> encounter any problem send me a mail and I\'ll send you a map.

Hi Stephane,

Unless I am mistaken, your code does not contain a proper copyright
notice. Therefore, from a strictly legal point of view, your project is
not Free Software. Could you fix this and resubmit your project please ?

e.g

/*
    Copyright (C) Year1,Year2 Author1,Author2

    (at your option) any later version.

    Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA  02111-1307  USA

*/

Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding.

Guillaume Morin <address@hidden>

      A friend in need is a friend indeed. A friend who bleeds is better.
         My friend confessed, she passed the test. We will never sever.
                                   (Placebo)