[Savannah-hackers] [ 100269 ] Submitting a package

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [ 100269 ] Submitting a package
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 07:39:07 -0500

Support Request #100269, was updated on 2002-Jan-04 13:53
You can respond by visiting:
http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailsupport&support_id=100269&group_id=11

Category: Web

By: villate
Date: 2002-Jan-07 12:39

Message:
Logged In: YES
user_id=465
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Konqueror/2.2.1; Linux)

Most of the projects that you currently see with zero
files, submitted their source code to be examined for
approval. After approval, some developers who already have
some source code written take a long time to upload it to
the CVS repository, perhaps for lack of time or lack of
familiarity with our interface.

Projects which do not have any source code can also be
approved. In those cases the volunteer who is in charge of
project approval at that time has to understand what the
project is about and what tools is going to use. It is not
enough to have a good idea and describe it in detail to
get a project approved. We have to make sure that your
project will be real free software and that it will not
depend on non-free software.

Some projects (such as yours) are more difficult to judge;
for instance if you just say you are going to use php or
Java, we still need to know more details (version number
or whose implementation of Java) to decide whether your
package will be compatible with our policies or not.

When we need more information to evaluate your project,
the volunteer in charge of approval sends you a personal
and kind reply directly to you. If you think you have
already given enough information and you do not see why
your project has not been approved yet, you should respond
to that volunteer directly and ask him what he wants. Each
time you resubmit your project, the volunteer who receives
your application may not be aware of you previous failed
attempts, unless you tell him.

Jaime Villate
(one of the volunteers in the savannah-hackers team)

By: yeupou