[Savannah-hackers] Re: [Savannah] epsilon want to be a GNU package

From: Free Software Foundation
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: [Savannah] epsilon want to be a GNU package
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 14:29:31 -0500

address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:

> Submitter: <address@hidden>
> Project Full Name:  epsilon
> Project System Name:  epsilon
> License:  gpl
> Approval URL: https://savannah.gnu.org/admin/groupedit.php?group_id=1078
> based on a virtual machine (the 'LVM', included in the
> distribution of my project).

To make your program into official GNU software
(http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/categories.html#GNUsoftware), you will
first need to agree to follow GNU policies.  This is somewhat formalized,
because each maintainer of an official GNU package agrees to stand with the
GNU project on important matters of software freedom.

I have included a brief summary of the major policies with this message.
Please also read the GNU Maintainers Guide
(http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain_toc.html) in detail before you agree.

Also, I believe that the Guile project is working on something quite
similar.  I suggest you talk with them about what you are doing and seek
their input.

--
Bradley M. Kuhn, Vice President
Free Software Foundation     |  Phone: +1-617-542-5942