Re: [Savannah-hackers] Joining a project?

From: Guillaume Morin
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Joining a project?
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 11:58:14 +0100

Dans un message du 19 jan à 15:57, Peter Crabb écrivait :
> Once you have an account with savannah and registered a ssh public key.
> What are the remaining steps to join a project as a developer?
>
> I have a colleague that whishes to join the project:
>       http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/ci/
>
> Once registered as a developer I assume the following will work:
>     export CVSROOT=":ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/ci/"
>     cvs -z3 co ci
> Please confirm?

I am not sure to understand who is who.

The summary is :

1) Register an account and add your CVS key
2) Ask the project admin to add you as a developer of the project
   (She can do it using the admin page of the project)

If the new developer account name is "nicedev"

He will able to checkout the repository with

export CVSROOT=":ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/ci"
cvs -z3 co ci (if ci is indeed one of your module names)

Please note that there is some cron scripts involved, so there may be a
slight delay to actually get the rights on the CVS repository.

HTH.

--
Guillaume Morin <address@hidden>

          5 years from now everyone will be running free GNU on their
           200 MIPS, 64M SPARCstation-5 (Andy Tanenbaum, 30 Jan 1992)