Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: classpath: GIF files

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: classpath: GIF files
Date: 19 Jan 2002 20:39:20 +0100

Hi,

Quick note for address@hidden - If you also got an email about the
gif issue don't worry about it. Paul has already transformed them to png
files for now so the evil

On Sat, 2002-01-19 at 19:07, Loic Dachary wrote:
> Mark Wielaard writes:
>
>  > Any particular reason for emailing me? I am a developer on the GNU
>  > Classpath project and will take care of it. But wouldn't it make more
>  > sense to email the commiter of the files, the project admins or the
>  > project mailinglist. Or has that also been done?
>
>       Yes, we sent the mail because you're a member of the project and
> we hoped you'll be willing to help us on this issue. We were afraid that
> a mail on the mailing would be overlooked (everybody thinking that someone
> else will take care of the issue ;-)

Sigh. I went through the savannah-hackers mailing list archive and found
this
http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/savannah-hackers/2002-January/005255.html

It was really not neccessary to email all those people. Especially
without explaining that this email was send to everybody that was
registered as a developer for that particular project. If you need a
contact person in the future please either use the mailinglist
address@hidden, email the project admins or if neccessary just email
me and we will make sure that such emails will be read and acted upon.
But please stop spaming all individual project members.

Thanks,

Mark