Re: [Savannah-hackers] GIF files report

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] GIF files report
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 18:20:10 +0100

Hugo Gayosso writes:

 > Loic Dachary <address@hidden> writes:
 >
 > >    This is a first version of an automated GIF notification.
 > > For now I'll run it manually, to make sure it does not do something
 > > stupid. When I'm confident enough, I'll insert it in the crontab.
 >
 > After reading some of the comments/feedback/complaints about this
 > report I think that maybe running it once a week is too much and has
 > the potential of causing unnecessary friction with developers, what
 > about once a month?, and maybe if it repeats consecutively twice, then
 > it starts once a week only for those projects.
 >

 > Just my thoughts.

        You're right. 1) It will be sent to address@hidden instead of
members of the www project, for this specific project 2) for other projects
it will be sent with a To: line listing all recipients instead of only
one 3) it now includes an explanation on how the mail was sent.

        Until we have negative feedback it will be operated manually,
not via cron (although the report sent to address@hidden
only claims it is sent by cron).

        Once a week is probably too often. Once a month is probably
too long.  How about every 15 days ? Anyway, I hope I won't have to
send any mail regarding this issue because every project will remove
their gif files ;-)

        Ideas ?